Have a French Pastry School account? Sign in
Designed to bring new techniques to the pastry industry in a hands-on setting, Continuing Education Classes are offered to pastry professionals, culinary professionals, and food enthusiasts. Students are taught by our Chef Instructors and Master Chefs from around the world. Each chef will teach you the latest in pastries along with the basics that are sure to impress your customers and friends.
Check the Continuing Education Schedule to sign up for three to five day courses for food enthusiasts and professionals with a wide variety of topics.
We would like to hear from you! Please contact us with your ideas and suggestions for NEW Continuing Education classes. What subjects do you want to learn? Which chefs do you want to learn from? Stay tuned for more classes to be added this year.
If you’re looking for a one-day outing or a way to get to know the school before taking a longer class, join us for a French Pastry Experience. This two and a half hour event includes a tour of the school, a demonstration of several recipes, a chance to meet some of our Chef Instructors, and, of course, lots of pastries to try. Click here for a list of available dates and contact us to sign up.
Aug 3 - Aug 06, 2015 (1:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Chef Joel Reno
Aug 10 - Aug 13, 2015 (1:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Chef Jonathan Dendauw
Aug 18 - Aug 20, 2015 (4:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
Chef Patrice Caillot
Aug 24 - Aug 27, 2015 (1:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Chef Stephane Glacier, M.O.F.
Sep 1 - Sep 03, 2015 (4:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
Chef Patrice Caillot
Sep 14 - Sep 17, 2015 (8:00 am - 3:00 pm)
Chef Kanjiro Mochizuki
Sep 28 - Oct 01, 2015 (1:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Chef Patrice Caillot
Oct 6 - Oct 08, 2015 (4:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
Chef Sunny Lee
Oct 20 - Oct 22, 2015 (4:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
Chef Joel Reno
Food Enthusiast - denotes course is for the food enthusiast ♦
Professional - denotes course is for professionals and Pastry Chefs ♦♦♦
These courses are accredited by the American Culinary Federation for Continuing Education Hours (CEH's). The American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC) is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All tools equipment and ingredients will be provided for each student. The French Pastry School has a strict dress code: students are required to wear long black or khaki colored pants, kitchen-safe shoes (closed toe, skid proof, made from a hard protective leather material - we recommend Mozo brand shoes), and a chef's jacket. Students may purchase a chef's jacket from the school, please call for more information. Chef jackets will be shipped within 2 business days of receiving payment. Special orders will take up to 6 weeks. Everyone will receive an apron and a hat to keep.
For Food Enthusiasts Enthusiast Schedule
Within our Continuing Education program, we offer hands-on courses specifically geared toward food enthusiasts. These courses require no previous experience in pastry or baking, and provide a professional, fun, and comfortable introduction to many areas of the pastry arts. A variety of topics are presented in these short-term courses, ranging in length from three to five days. Many students begin with a "food enthusiast" level Continuing Education class such as Pastry Camp to see if our full-time programs are right for them.
Throughout the year, distinguished visiting chefs offer focused, short-term, hands-on master classes to professionals in specialty aspects of pastry. These courses have brought prominent international figures like Pierre Hermé, Stéphane Glacier, M.O.F., Jean-Pierre Wybauw, Christine Ferber, Oriol Balaguer, Franck Kestener, M.O.F., and Paco Torreblanca. The topics explore all levels of expertise and subjects such as breads, plated desserts, or chocolate candy.
As an added value, a light meal will be served to students of all Professional Continuing Education Courses at The French Pastry School.
- Full payment is required to secure your place in the class.
- If you pay with a credit card, you have secured your position in the class. Paying by cash, check or money order will not secure your position in the class unless The French Pastry School has received the payment.
- If you cancel prior to 15 days before the class begins your tuition will be refunded in full (minus $30 administration fee). There are no refunds issued when fewer than 15 days notice from the class start date is given.
- Any change or cancellation of class will incur a $30 administration fee.
- Upon timely cancellation of your course, you will have the option to receive a refund minus the $30 cancellation fee or receive a credit to transfer to another available class. If you choose this option, the credit must be used within one year from the cancellation date to purchase a class. You may only choose this option by email or phone call; the expiration date will be confirmed through an email. The credit cannot be used to purchase other merchandise. If the credit does not fully cover the cost of the new class, the student will be responsible for covering the difference.
- The French Pastry School reserves the right to cancel or change the classes at any time.
- The French Pastry School falls under the jurisdiction of City Colleges of Chicago. If at any time they judge it is necessary to close the building, The French Pastry School must follow their directive. Any closings will be clearly communicated to the students and may not be refunded nor rescheduled.
- The French Pastry School has a strict dress code. Students are required to wear long black or khaki colored pants, kitchen-safe shoes (closed toe, skid proof, made from a hard protective leather material), and a chef’s jacket. Students may purchase a chef’s jacket from the school. Students have the option of picking up their jacket on the first day of class; extra sizes will be available to ensure proper fit. Students can also have their jackets shipped at an additional rate of $10. You must notify us separately at 312.726.2419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment for shipment. Chef jackets will be shipped within 2 business days of receiving payment. Special orders will take up to 6 weeks. Everyone will receive an apron and a hat to keep.