Have a French Pastry School account? Sign in
Flavors of France
Date: Aug 22 - Aug 24, 2017 (4:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
Chef: Joel Reno , Pastry Chef Instructor
Course level: Enthusiast ♦
For purveyor's of France's famous pastries, this new course at The French Pastry School is the perfect Parsian experience to please the most discerning of taste buds. Now you can learn the traditions and innovations of French pastry in this three-day course as Chef Joel Reno guides you through his most cherished recipes. Whether it’s a whole cake called as an ‘entremet’ or a stunningly beautiful dessert in a glass called a ‘verrine’ you will find the real tricks to make them successfully and the techniques needed to make your home feel like your favorite pastry shop.
Recipes will include:
- Fromage Blanc Verrine with a Fresh Red Berries compote and Light Sicilian Pistachio Biscuit
- Orange Scented Mont-blanc Tartelette with Almond Shortbread, Island Dark Rum, Chestnut Cream and French Meringue
- Petit Almond Cakes flavored with a decadent Dark Chocolate, a Salted Caramel and Fresh Strawberries
- Petit Gateau made with a Hazelnut Biscuit, a Silky Praline Crème Diplomate and Crunchy Hazelnuts
- Verrine Fraicheur Litchi with a Refreshing Raspberry Compote and light Pistachio Genoise
- Decadent Dark Chocolate Mousse Entremet Cake with Praline Crunch and a Silky Chocolate Sponge Soaked with a Tahitian Vanilla Syrup
- Tarte Dacquoise Noisette flavored with Crunchy Hazelnuts, a French Vanilla Crème Diplomate and delicious Tangy Berries
All of the desserts made will be yours to take home and enjoy with your family, friends, and colleagues!
This course is approved by the American Culinary Federation for 15 Continuing Education Hours (CEH's).