Have a French Pastry School account? Sign in
American Pies and Sweet & Savory French Tarts
Date: Sep 19 - Sep 21, 2017 (4:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
Chef: Alissa Wallers, Pastry Chef Instructor
Course level: Enthusiast ♦
Pie season is always around the corner. Capture each season's bounty, both sweet and savory, in this three-day, hands-on course at The French Pastry School. First, you will learn how to craft the perfect crust, making and rolling the dough successfully; then, Chef Alissa Wallers will take you on a journey exploring all of the natural ingredients for filling pies and tarts. This is a unique class combining both American and French style pies and tarts where you will learn how to master the ratios & effects of fillings and crusts during the baking process.
- Legendary Quiche Lorraine
- Flamiche, a Delicious Vegetarian Quiche made with Leeks and Gruyere Cheese
- Double Cooked French Onion Tart
- Sour Cherry and Almond Crumble Pie
- Bourbon Vanilla and Organic Sour Cream Fall Apple Pie
- Traditional Spice Scented Pumpkin Pie
- French Meringue Topped Lemon Tart
- Decadent Dark Chocolate and Nougatine Crisp Tart
- Vanilla Poached Pear and Almond Cream Tart
All of the desserts made will be yours to take home and enjoy with your family, friends, and colleagues!
Start your pastry education as many of our graduates from a full-time French Pastry School program have – by taking this food enthusiast-level course!
This course is approved by the American Culinary Federation for 15 Continuing Education Hours (CEH's)